"Mesangial Cells" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Smooth muscle-like cells adhering to the wall of the small blood vessels of the KIDNEY at the glomerulus and along the vascular pole of the glomerulus in the JUXTAGLOMERULAR APPARATUS. They are myofibroblasts with contractile and phagocytic properties. These cells and their MESANGIAL EXTRACELLULAR MATRIX constitute the GLOMERULAR MESANGIUM.
- Mesangial Cells
- Cell, Mesangial
- Cells, Mesangial
- Mesangial Cell
- Renal Mesangial Cells
- Cell, Renal Mesangial
- Cells, Renal Mesangial
- Mesangial Cell, Renal
- Mesangial Cells, Renal
- Renal Mesangial Cell
- Mesangial Cells, Kidney
- Cell, Kidney Mesangial
- Cells, Kidney Mesangial
- Kidney Mesangial Cell
- Kidney Mesangial Cells
- Mesangial Cell, Kidney
Extraglomerular Mesangial Cells
- Extraglomerular Mesangial Cells
- Cell, Extraglomerular Mesangial
- Cells, Extraglomerular Mesangial
- Extraglomerular Mesangial Cell
- Mesangial Cell, Extraglomerular
- Mesangial Cells, Extraglomerular
- Lacis Cells
- Cell, Lacis
- Cells, Lacis
- Lacis Cell
Glomerular Mesangial Cells
- Glomerular Mesangial Cells
- Cell, Glomerular Mesangial
- Cells, Glomerular Mesangial
- Glomerular Mesangial Cell
- Mesangial Cell, Glomerular
- Mesangial Cells, Glomerular
- Renal Glomerulus Mesangial Cells
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Mesangial Cells".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Mesangial Cells".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Mesangial Cells" by people in this website by year, and whether "Mesangial Cells" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.