"Anemia, Sickle Cell" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A disease characterized by chronic hemolytic anemia, episodic painful crises, and pathologic involvement of many organs. It is the clinical expression of homozygosity for hemoglobin S.
|Anemia, Sickle Cell
- Anemia, Sickle Cell
- Anemias, Sickle Cell
- Sickle Cell Anemias
- Hemoglobin S Disease
- Disease, Hemoglobin S
- Hemoglobin S Diseases
- Sickle Cell Anemia
- Sickle Cell Disorders
- Cell Disorder, Sickle
- Cell Disorders, Sickle
- Sickle Cell Disorder
- Sickling Disorder Due to Hemoglobin S
- HbS Disease
- Sickle Cell Disease
- Cell Disease, Sickle
- Cell Diseases, Sickle
- Sickle Cell Diseases
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Anemia, Sickle Cell".
- Diseases [C]
- Hemic and Lymphatic Diseases [C15]
- Hematologic Diseases [C15.378]
- Anemia [C15.378.071]
- Anemia, Hemolytic [C15.378.071.141]
- Anemia, Hemolytic, Congenital [C15.378.071.141.150]
- Anemia, Sickle Cell [C15.378.071.141.150.150]
- Hemoglobinopathies [C15.378.420]
- Anemia, Sickle Cell [C15.378.420.155]
- Congenital, Hereditary, and Neonatal Diseases and Abnormalities [C16]
- Genetic Diseases, Inborn [C16.320]
- Anemia, Hemolytic, Congenital [C16.320.070]
- Anemia, Sickle Cell [C16.320.070.150]
- Hemoglobinopathies [C16.320.365]
- Anemia, Sickle Cell [C16.320.365.155]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Anemia, Sickle Cell".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Anemia, Sickle Cell" by people in this website by year, and whether "Anemia, Sickle Cell" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.